Why drink brandy?
Cognac is an elite alcoholic drink, the use of which requires compliance with certain rules. To enjoy the drink, you need to know not only, but also with what to drink brandy. Only in combination with certain products its refined taste is revealed to the full.
How to drink cognac: gourmet tips
If we are talking about vintage expensive cognac, then the snack is not to say at all. Since good brandy has a self-contained taste, it does not need a snack. In this case, you need to adhere to the rule of three C: cognac, cigars, coffee. First, a cup of custard coffee is drunk, and then brandy is tasted in small sips. After serving a brandy, a cigar is smoked.
Ordinary brandy can be used as an aperitif and served with a variety of snacks:
- chocolate The taste of a well-aged brandy has shades of spices and vanilla, which bitter chocolate will help to fully reveal. Several types of dark chocolate will be a great snack to cognac;
- cheese By cognac more suitable "holey" varieties of cheese with a fat content of more than 75%: Emmental, Maasdam, Cheddar. An unusual taste will give a snack a slice of lemon, sandwiched between two slices of cheese;
- honeyUnforgettable tastes can be obtained if you dunk pieces of cheese and nuts of different varieties into slightly warmed honey;
- fruits. Pears, apples and grapes are ideally combined with brandy;
- seafood. A perfect balance of taste will make lobsters, oysters, scallops and other seafood. Well combined brandy with sushi or sashimi;
- meat Thinly sliced beef tenderloin, foie gras (duck or goose liver) will soften the taste of the skate and make it velvety;
- dairy products. For dessert, you can drink brandy with cream or ice cream.
Lemon as an appetizer to cognac
If you do not know what to eat brandy, then lemon is perfect. Although opinions about whether it is possible to eat cognac lemon lemon. The French believe that the sharp taste of lemon, like other citrus fruits, is interrupted by the aroma of the drink and its noble taste. In Russia, lemon is one of the most popular snacks to cognac. This habit has taken root since the time of Nicholas II. According to legend, he did not like the harsh taste of brandy and preferred to eat it with lemon.
A traditional snack with lemon - a slice of citrus, sprinkled with instant coffee and sugar.Much more interesting to make a caramelized lemon. To do this, in a syrup of 300 grams of sugar and 300 ml of water, lemon circles are boiled for an hour. After that, the slices are dried in the oven at a temperature of + 150 ° C for 30 minutes. Caramelized lemon has a less saturated taste and is in better harmony with brandy. If desired, it can be glazed in chocolate or powdered with cinnamon.
Another original appetizer with lemon will turn out if you put a mixture of grated cheese and honey on a slice of lemon.
Drinks with cognac
Cognac is not necessary to use in its pure form. You can drink brandy with cola and coffee, mineral water and tonic. Or prepare a variety of cocktails based on brandy.
- Cognac martini (mix in equal proportions of cognac, martini and mango or peach juice). It has a moderate strength and sweet taste. In the case of using a pink martini, the juice is replaced with an orange.
- White pleasure. 250 gr. ice cream, 130 ml of milk and banana are whipped in a blender into a homogeneous mass, 25 gr are added. cognac. The cocktail is low alcohol and has a pleasant milky taste.
- Chocolate dream. Simple, but very tasty cocktail that has the taste of chocolate ice cream.For its preparation, an equal amount of brandy, cream (35% fat) and chocolate liquor is mixed in a blender.
How snow forms
What determines the price
What bites rum
How to choose a router