Why does it smell out of your mouth?
Bad breath can occur in any person, even in a child. This phenomenon has even been given a medical definition - halitosis - bad breath in humans and animals. So you can answer why it smells from the mouth in the morning. This so-called morning halitosis, which is a purely physiological phenomenon, is eliminated by a simple tooth brushing procedure in the morning and before bedtime. In general, let's talk about this problem in more detail, why it smells bad from the mouth, what are the reasons and how to eliminate them.
Smell from mouth: detecting problem
There are several ways to determine the presence of bad breath.
- You can hold the palm to the nose and mouth and breathe a little into it. Soon you will feel your smell. However, this method is not so reliable, as you will feel the smell of the hand. In addition, the mouth and nose are connected by a hole in the area of the soft palate, where air is filtered. But if you do have a problem, you will most likely smell.
- Lick your wrist and smell it after drying saliva.
- Scrape the root of the tongue with a spoon.You will see a whitish bloom. Its smell is your breath.
- In medical institutions you can check your breathing with a special device - a gas analyzer. In addition to identifying the chemical composition of the air exhaled by you, it is possible to establish the causes of an unpleasant smell (if present).
Why smells out of your mouth: causes
In general, anaerobic bacteria are the cause of the unpleasant odor. They accumulate in the oral cavity and secrete sulfur components, methyl mercaptan and dimethyl sulfide in the course of their life. These gases are an unpleasant smell from the mouth, reminiscent of the smell of rotten eggs.
- Inadequate hygiene. The same morning halitosis occurs for the simple reason that at night the mouth is closed, the saliva does not wash the mouth cavity, there is no air flow. All this leads to an increase in plaque, the spread of bacteria.
- Some types of food (garlic, onions, cabbage).
- Dental diseases (periodontal disease, periodontitis, caries).
- Diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- Violations of the gastrointestinal tract; indigestion.
- Non-specific chronic lung diseases.
- Renal failure.
- Liver disease.
- Oncological diseases.
- All sorts of diets, starvation, violate the internal balance.
- Smoking. In addition to drying out the oral cavity from smoke (which, we already know, is an ideal condition for the reproduction of fetid bacteria), tar and tobacco smoke accumulate on the enamel and soft tissues of the smoker.
- Alcohol increases the dryness of the oral cavity, provokes the accelerated reproduction of bacteria, significantly exacerbating the problem of unpleasant odor.
These are the main reasons that can lead to bad breath.
Smell from the mouth: prevention
There are general preventive measures aimed at maintaining the balance of the microflora of the oral cavity. Therefore, if you or your loved ones have a problem, why does it smell bad from the mouth, pay attention to the following information.
- Teeth cleaning. At least twice a day, this is true, known to everyone. In the morning and before bedtime. Ideally, after each meal. Brush your teeth, trying to touch absolutely every corner of the mouth, carefully brush the sides of the distant teeth. Brush properly, in the direction from the gums to the top of the tooth.
- Brush your tongue.This can be done with an ordinary small spoon. Scrape the tongue from the root with a spoon, constantly washing away the bloom from the spoon and washing the mouth with plenty of water.
- Use toothpicks and dental floss to remove leftover food to prevent decay throughout the day.
- Drink more water, it will moisten your mouth and will serve as an additional rinse.
- Observe a balanced diet. Have breakfast so that by lunch the remnants of yesterday's food will not begin to climb up the esophagus in the form of a "hungry burp." Remember that indigestion can cause bad breath, so you should generally follow a healthy diet.
- Check with your dentist. Prevention of caries - prevention of bad breath.
- Time to treat all colds in order to avoid complications that can lead to bad breath.
- If the smell from the mouth is very pronounced and preventive procedures do not help, consult a general practitioner.
Who is a nihilist
Sulfuric acid properties
Where can I buy borax
How to become a vampire in real life
What to draw mom
How not to lose a guy
How to quickly relax
How to cure a bruise