What is better for coughing?
Coughing is not a disease, but a protective reaction of the body to a cold, infection and other irritating factors. With the help of a cough, microbes and dust that interfere with normal breathing are removed from the lungs. To determine the best cough cure, you need to establish its cause and kind.
Wet cough treatment
A wet or productive cough indicates sputum in the bronchi, which is a sign of a respiratory viral disease, bronchitis, or even pneumonia. The treatment of wet cough is to dilute the sputum for its best release from the body. What, then, does a good cough help?
- Acetylcysteine-based drugs (ACC, Mucobene, Fluimucil, Mukomist). Acetylcysteine makes sputum less viscous, protects cells from oxidation during the inflammatory process.
- Preparations containing Ambroxol (Lasolvan, Vervex cough, Ambrobene, Aflegan). Ambroxol - a mucolytic agent that stimulates the formation of sputum of low viscosity, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- It is recommended to drink cough herbal remedies reflex action on the basis of thermopsis, Althea, plantain, thyme.
What is better from dry cough
Dry cough caused by irritation of the respiratory tract mucosa. He does not bring relief to a sick person, but only exhausts him. What is better from dry cough? The action of drugs for its treatment is aimed at suppressing the activity of the cough center and the effect of bronchial mucosal receptors. Medications for dry cough fall into two categories:
- narcotic (Codelac, Terpinkod, Kodterpin). Codeine-containing drugs have a good effect, but are available only by prescription;
- non-narcotic drugs. Popular cough pills include Libeksin, Paxeladin, Glaucin, Stoptussin. Soothing, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects have syrups Gerbion, Bronhikum, Dr. Mom.
In no case can you treat cough with the above remedies if you have sputum. Therefore, it is better to take cough for an adult, the doctor must decide.
What is the best cough for a child?
When choosing a cough remedy for treating a child, you should also focus on the symptoms of cough.Treatment of cough in children requires a competent approach, as an incorrectly chosen remedy can only worsen the situation. Before treating a child’s cough, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician and determine its cause, especially when it comes to infants.
Infants for the treatment of cough most often prescribed syrup. This may be Gadelix syrup, which contains exclusively herbal ingredients, or the Stodal homeopathic syrup for newborns. After a year, you can give a syrup based on the extract of plantain Dr. Theiss.
For the treatment of cold cough in children is better to use folk remedies. An effective tool to combat coughing is compresses:
- from boiled potatoes. 2-3 mashed potatoes boiled in the peel of the tuber, add 1 tbsp. spoon of alcohol, turpentine, sunflower oil. Make 2 flat cakes from the resulting mass, wrap in cheesecloth and put on your back and chest (except the heart area) for 1-1.5 hours;
- with apple cider vinegar. Natural apple cider vinegar diluted in a ratio of 1: 3 and add 1 teaspoon of honey. In the resulting solution, moisten a napkin and apply for 20 minutes to the throat and chest, wrap up the heat.
How to choose an easy way to quit smoking
Why dream of a red kitten
How to speed up recovery after a stroke
How to unlock a laptop
How to kill a demon
How to lay floorboard