What is a virtual memory computer?
In the event of a shortage of memory in the random access memory (RAM) needed to run or run programs, the Windows operating system uses the so-called “virtual memory” to fill up the shortage.
Virtual computer memory
What is virtual memory? Virtual memory is the combination of a temporary file on a hard disk and RAM memory. When the RAM memory is low, the data from the RAM (RAM) is placed in a file called the “swap file”. And already from the “paging file” is freed enough OP for the programs. The greater the amount of RAM in the computer, the faster the programs run. If the shortage of OP slows down the computer, for it you can increase the size of the virtual memory of the computer. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account that reading data from RAM is much faster than from disk, therefore, the option of adding RAM is more suitable for you.
So you learned what a virtual memory computer.Also use the article “How to clear the virtual memory of a computer.”
What is: little virtual memory
This refers to a sign that a user can see. Windows automatically controls the paging file and its size, but if the size specified by the system is not sufficient for the programs to work correctly, you can manually change it. If errors occur when using standard values, you need to increase the maximum and minimum sizes. For this you need:
- click on the “Start” button and select the “Control Panel” menu item, then the “System and its maintenance” item;
- in the left part, select "Advanced system settings";
- confirm the password or enter the administrator password if such a request appears;
- in the "Performance" section on the "Advanced" tab, click on the "Settings" button;
- in the "Virtual Memory" section on the "Advanced" tab, click on the "Change" button;
- uncheck "Automatically determine the size of the paging file";
- in the “Disk” menu, select the disk that contains the paging file whose size you want to change;
- select the “Specify size” switch and enter another size in megabytes into the “Initial size” or “Maximum size” fields;
- Click the "Install" button, then the "OK" button.
How to be collected
How to type text
What to bake quickly
Warming Grog: Recipes
What is a panic attack and how to deal with it
How to care for your teeth