MY FULL BLOODWORK! (AS A COMPETITIVE EATER)
Texas Roadhouse Nutrition Facts: Menu Choices & Calories
Analyzing Texas Roadhouse Nutrition
Finding Texas Roadhouse calories and nutrition data can be a bit of a challenge. According to the company's website, "Since we make our food from scratch — including the bacon bits, croutons, and dressings — it is next to impossible to provide exact nutritional information because of slight variations that depend upon whomever prepares the food."
The company that they have had problems in the past for providing incorrect nutritional data (including threats of legal action) so they no longer give specific details or provide a gluten-free menu.
First, you can check calorie counts online. An interactive menu is provided on the website and estimates of calorie counts along with short food descriptions are listed with general serving size information. While you may not get exact calorie counts, you can see which items are more diet-friendly and which are less so.
Calories in Popular Texas Roadhouse Food
While everyone in your dinner party will enjoy a different part of the Texas Roadhouse menu, it's likely that a few popular items will tempt almost everyone. Popular items are likely to include:
- TheCactus Blossom, a large battered and fried onion that is served with dipping sauce. The onion provides 1450 calories and the sauce provides an additional 240 calories.
- Tater Skinsare popular on every menu. The order at Texas Roadhouse provides 1290 calories and is topped with cheese, bacon and sour cream.
- Award-winningFall-Off-The-Bone-Ribsare popular everywhere. The barbecue style, slow-cooked dish comes in two different sized and comes with two sides. The smaller size (half slab) provides 660 calories and the larger size (full slab) provides 1040 calories.
As you can see, these popular items are likely to provide more calories than you need to stay on a healthy eating plan.
Texas Roadhouse Nutrition—The Healthiest Choices
Your best bet for a healthy meal at Texas Roadhouse is finding a few small items and putting together an a la carte plate. Choose from these healthier menu options to keep your food plan in place.
- TheGrilled BBQ Chicken is a marinated half breast that is basted in barbecue sauce. It provides 250 calories.
- AHouse Salad includes fresh greens, cheddar cheese, tomato, eggs, and croutons for just 230 calories. (Note: if you add dressing, add another 220-320 calories or dress your salad with lemon for zero additional calories).
- If you love steak, a six-ounceChoice Sirloinprovides only 250 calories as long as you don't load it up with toppings like butter.
- A cup ofTexas Red Chiliprovides 230 calories and comes topped with cheddar cheese and red onions will satisfy your cravings for southwestern spicy food.
Texas Roadhouse Nutrition—The Least Healthy Choices
The highest calorie and highest fat choices on the Texas Roadhouse menu will be items that are either battered and fried or very large (or both).
- The16-ounce Prime Ribprovides 1610 calories. The steak comes with two side dishes of your choice and those will add additional fat and calories to your meal.
- TheRoad Killis a 10-ounce chop steak smothered in onions, mushrooms and cheese. It will add 1010 calories to your total calorie intake and also comes with two side dishes that will add more calories to your final tab.
- The BBQ Roasted Chicken With Ribsis a combo platter that comes with two sides. The meat alone provides 1480 calories. Add extra fat and calories for the side dishes you add.
- And if you think a salad with chicken sounds healthy, think again. TheChicken Caesar Saladwith strips of grilled chicken, croutons and dressing totals 1140 calories.
Lastly, the desserts will send your calorie count over the top. TheBig Ol' Brownieis topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. This single dessert provides 1220 calories and plenty of fat and sugar. And even thoughGranny's Apple Classicincludes fruit and sounds like it might be more healthy, it is still loaded with calories. This homestyle pie topped with vanilla ice cream and honey cinnamon caramel sauce provides 1260 calories.
A Word from Verywell
Everyone should be able to indulge once in a while. If you love to visit restaurants that offer higher calorie food, it's not necessarily smart to avoid them completely. If you do a little bit of research about Texas Roadhouse nutrition before you go, you're likely to keep your eating plan on track. When you don't feel deprived, it's easier to stick to a healthy eating plan for the long-term to not only reach but also maintain your health and wellness goals.
Video: How Many Calories Are In One Steak
How to Wear Pastel Colours, Even If You Think They’d Never Suit You
How to Recover from Victim Blaming
How to Avoid Unneeded Doctor Visits
Brazils rainforests are shrinking, and there could be more deforestation under President-elect Jair Bolsonaro
How to Write Creepypasta
Is This The Marks Spencer Dress We’ll All Be Buying Next Year
5 Flu-Related Deaths Have Already Been Reported for the 2019 Season
Child Support Guidelines in Mississippi
10 Elegant Nail Art Designs for Prom 2019
How to Perform Aerial Yoga
Living With Psoriasis Throughout Menopause
25 Gentle White Skirt Outfits For Summer
How to Make Ice Balls