Secrets of cooking delicious chebureks
Love baking? Then you must have eaten pasties. And in fact, only at first glance it seems that it is difficult to cook them. If you know some subtleties, you can get the perfect dish, cooked according to all traditions.
The origin of the dish
Cheburek is a traditional dish of some Mongolian and Turkic peoples, which is also popular in the Caucasus. Literally, the name translates as "raw pie". And the cheburek really looks like a patty made from unleavened yeast-free dough and fried in butter or in animal fat, warmed to 200 degrees. Traditionally, minced meat was used as a filling, but today many housewives add minced meat, potatoes, mushrooms, cottage cheese, cabbage, eggs, rice, cheese, onions, and so on.
How to cook?
How to cook pasties at home? First you need to decide on the dough, and then choose the filling.
Dough preparation options
So how do you make the dough? Below are several options.
To make the dough soft, elastic and with bubbles, try cooking it with vodka. The following ingredients are required:
- 4 cups flour;
- 300-320 ml of water;
- 2 tablespoons of vodka;
- 1 egg;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- ½ tsp salt.
- Pour water into a saucepan and add oil, bring to a boil and gently and slowly pour in a glass of water, stirring the mixture vigorously.
- When the flour has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and add the remaining flour, knead the dough. Next, add the vodka and still mix the dough so that it becomes rather tight, but elastic. Put it in the fridge.
You can knead the dough on kefir. This requires:
- 500 grams of flour;
- 25 ml of kefir;
- 1 egg;
- salt to taste (about half a teaspoon).
- In kefir, break an egg and actively whisk everything with a whisk, mixer or regular fork.
- Gradually add flour and salt while stirring the dough.
- When the dough becomes sufficiently elastic and stops sticking to the hands, move it onto a table or board and continue kneading there.
- Beat it, wrap it in film and send it in the cold for half an hour or an hour.
This recipe involves cooking custard dough on water. Prepare:
- three glasses of flour;
- one glass of water;
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- a teaspoon of salt.
- Boil water.
- In a bowl, sift half the flour, add salt. Pour in boiling water and vegetable oil, mix everything and leave to cool for fifteen minutes.
- Add the remaining flour to the cooled dough and knead it to make a dense and non-stick mass.
- Roll the ball, put it in a bag or wrap it in film and send it in the fridge for 40-60 minutes.
The dough can be made with milk. List of ingredients:
- 450 grams of flour;
- 250 ml of milk (it is better to use low-fat);
- 1 egg;
- tablespoon of vegetable oil;
- salt to taste
- Mix flour and salt, gradually add milk and knead the dough.
- When the dough becomes dense, wrap it in film and put it in the fridge.
Now it remains to choose the filling.
Traditionally, pasties were cooked with meat. You need to chop 500 grams of meat with a knife, and then chop and mash the onions so that it gives juice.Mix ingredients, salt and season to taste and use.
You can make pasties with cottage cheese, herbs and garlic. To do this, chop three cloves of garlic and chop three bunches of dill greens, mix it all with 400 grams of cottage cheese, add salt to taste.
Instead of meat, you can use minced meat. Just mix it with chopped onion, salt and seasoning.
If you want to make lean chebureks, then use cabbage as a filling. Chop 500 grams. Peel and finely chop the onion, wash one carrot and grate it. Fry the onions with carrots in the pan in the pan in the oil, then add the cabbage, fry it for two minutes and simmer until soft under the lid.
Delicious and delicious turn out to be stuffed with cheese and tomatoes. You will need 2 tomatoes, 70 grams of hard cheese (you can use spicy), 70 grams of Suluguni cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk, greens and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Cheese grate, cut the tomatoes into small cubes, chop the greens. Mix all ingredients, add mayonnaise and milk and mix everything until smooth.
Ready and cold-pressed dough should be turned into a sausage and cut into small pieces. Take one and roll it into a circle 2-3 millimeters thick. Place the filling on one half and cover it with the second half. Tighten edges well.
Heat a large amount of oil in the tank so that it boils. Dip into it pasties and fry until golden brown.
A few helpful tips that will allow you to make a great meal:
- Do not expect that you will immediately get successful pasties, even experienced housewives can not be given such a dish right away. First choose the most simple recipe and master it, then try new ones and look for the best. And sometimes you have to rely on culinary intuition and contribute something of your own, this is how brand recipes appear.
- To make the dough more supple, elastic and soft, leave it in the cold for at least half an hour (or better at night), and you will see how this changes the texture.
- The filling should be sufficiently liquid, otherwise the pasties will not be so juicy as they should be. And if there is not enough fluid, then add it.So, you can use vegetable or meat broth, it will soak the dough and make it even more fragrant and tender.
- It is important to choose a melting pot for frying. It is quite convenient to use a fryer, but you can replace it with another dish with a thick bottom with rather high walls.
- To prevent the filling from being outside, pinch the edges of the cheburek well. You can roll them with a rolling pin.
- To ensure that the cheburek does not swell when frying, before kicking it out, you need to get all the air out of it.
- Remember that the oil will be very spatter, so put the chebureks very carefully, and do not drop them.
- The dough should be thin, its thickness should not exceed 3 millimeters.
- If you want ready-made chebureks to have the right shape, cut them off with a conventional knife or a pizza knife.
- Before you dip the cheburek into boiling oil, shake it off thoroughly from the flour, as it will burn first and spoil the appearance of the ready dish.
- Heat the oil well and immerse the cheburek in it so that it roasts evenly. And it is better to cook just one piece.
- It is better to use for the preparation of refined oil.
- To remove excess oil after frying, place the pasta on a paper towel or napkin. But cover it with a lid to keep it soft and avoid airing.
- Ready-made pasties are best served hot with some sauces, such as kefir or garlic.
Now you can cook delicious chebureks for sure!
Publications by Igor Kallaur
Effective ways to clear the tongue of plaque
Top 10 cosmetic procedures you need to do in 2015
Which air conditioner to choose
How to get a loan in VTB 24