Sabrina Ghayour's marinated feta recipe from Persiana, her award winning cookbook
Salad with Marinated Feta
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 278 | Total Fat: 24 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 29 mg | Sodium: 261 mg | Carbohydrates: 10 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 10
For the salad
- 4 cups (or more) salad leaves
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 ounces marinated feta, cubed (see recipe below)
- 7 ounces feta, cubed
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 cup olive oil (adjust amount, making sure that the feta is completely submerged)
- In a sterile mason jar, place the feta inside carefully (they crumble easily).
- Add the thyme, bay leaves, lemon zest, and peppercorns.
- Pour the olive oil inside and fill it up until the feta cubes are completely covered.
- In a salad bowl, toss the salad leaves, onions, tomatoes, olives, extra virgin olive oil, and salt.
- In the individual salad plates, place the mixed salad then carefully add the marinated feta.
Video: Simply Sprinkle olives marinated with feta cheese Persian style
Por qué deberías pasarte un hielo por la cara antes de maquillarte
Rihanna, New Styles for Fashion Week2009
Tricks to Pulling Off a Burgundy Lip ForFall
The Adorable Way Prince George Spent Pancake Day
How to Choose the Best Pots and Pans
5 Simple Ways To Never Get Another Blister
These Dramatic Photos Show the Terrifying Reality of the California Wildfires
How to Do Freelance Graphic Design
How to Make Wine Bottle Accent Lights
How to Style Camo Pants
Jessica Alba and Lady Gaga Love These Metallic Platform Sandals