Lviv: what to see?
Watch the video
To get new impressions, it is not necessary to go to overseas countries. More and more people prefer to rest in Russia and the CIS. For example, the city of Lviv, whose attractions are known far beyond the borders of Ukraine, is visited annually by thousands of tourists. Ancient Lviv is called the city of artisans and kings, eastern Paris, as well as the western capital of Ukraine.
The city is famous not only for its numerous monuments of architecture, but also for its national cultural traditions. Therefore, those who come to Lviv, there is always something to see.
What to see in Lviv
The main attractions of the city of Lviv are located in the center. You can start exploring the city from Market Square, with which its history is inextricably linked. Each of the houses, located on a small-sized area, hasown legend and artistic image. The real architectural gems and pride of the townspeople are the Renaissance buildings “Black stone” and “Palace of Kornyakt”.No less popular is the Italian Courtyard, in which you can admire historical sights with a cup of coffee.
On the square there is a town hall building, from the tower of which you can enjoy the beauty of the ancient city. In the town hall one can familiarize oneself with the mechanism of one of the oldest Viennese clocks in Ukraine.
Opera and Ballet Theater. S. Krushelnitskaya, built in the Neo-Renaissance style, is considered one of the most beautiful in Europe. Its construction began in 1897 and lasted 3 years. The facade of the building is decorated with rich sculptural decoration, and gold, colored marble, paintings and sculpture were used to finish the interior. Not less beautiful is the Liberty Avenue, which houses the theater. The modern and prestigious street is the business and cultural center of Lviv.
Cathedrals occupy a special place in the architectural heritage of Lviv.
- Latin - a temple with elements of Gothic, Baroque. When the temple was built 8 chapels, including the famous Kampian chapel;
- Dominican - a cathedral in the form of a cross with a central part of an oval shape and a huge elliptical dome is one of the best Baroque landmarks of Lviv;
- cathedral of sv.Jura is the main shrine of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church, it houses the Miraculous Icon of the Pure Virgin Mary of the XVII century.
More than thirty museums, castles, monasteries, parks - this is not all the interesting places in Lviv. If you want to see them with your own eyes, find out how to get to Lviv.
What to visit in Lviv
In addition to historical and cultural monuments, visitors to the city have the opportunity to attend various festivals and holidays almost throughout the year.
- Golden Lion is an international festival of theatrical experiment, founded in 1992.
- “Etnovir” is the largest folklore festival in Ukraine, in which groups from more than 10 countries take part.
- Beer Festival - Familiarity with the culture of beer consumption, historybrewing, traditional and modern technology to create a drink.
- Easter eggs festival - the creation and sale of Easter eggs in the open air in order to popularize Easter traditions.
- “Weathervanes of Lviv” is a non-standard ethno-jazz festival, which is held in the ancient courtyard of the Town Hall.
- Coffee Celebration "To Coffee in Lviv" - the program includes a coffee fair, theater performances, music and film screenings.
- Festival of cheese and wine - familiarity with the culture of cheese making and winemaking, tasting of various varieties of cheese and wine, fairs, competitions, concerts of folk music.
Masks made of clay: beauty for mere pennies
How to make a chair
Cellular polycarbonate: properties and uses
What are the games
What does lol mean
How to create a public