How to warm the floor in the house?
Watch the video
Home is a place where a person feels safe, can relax and rest. Of course, the easiest way to do this is in a cozy and warm room. But what to do if your home is difficult to keep warm? The answer is obvious - to warm. In this article we will describe how to warm the floor in the house.
How to insulate the floor of a private house
The following technologies will help to make a cold floor in the house warmer
- Insulated screed;
- Floor heating systems (water, electric, infrared);
- Insulated wooden flooring.
Each of these methods has its pros and cons. Having examined them in detail, you will be able to determine which one is right for you.
Screed is often used as the cheapest and easiest way to create a subfloor. Consumables: cement and sand are always available, and pouring work does not require much time. But, despite the cheapness and lack of difficulties in the work, such a floor has one major drawback - it is too cold.
Applying this method - screed, you should use its warmed version. For this purpose, granulated slag or expanded clay was used before, but today foam plastic, fiberglass or mineral wool are used. Read more about the article How to warm the floor in the house.
If you look at such a floor in the cut, it will look like a layer cake, where the lower tier is insulation, the top one is a well-reinforced screed.
In order for the screed to be truly warm and lasting for a long time, five main points must be taken into account in its implementation.
- High-quality waterproofing. If you lose sight of it, the moisture that penetrates through the soil can cause considerable damage to the floor in the form of fungus and mold. As a waterproofing suitable polyethylene film or a special waterproof barrier, for the manufacture of which use bitumen mastic.
- Expansion joint. It prevents cracking of the screed, which lies on the foam, in case of temperature drops. Make such a seam is quite simple. It is necessary at a height of 15 cm from the base of the floor (around the perimeter of the room) to glue the porous soft material of foamed vinyl.
- Laying insulation. Used as insulation foam should be laid tightly to each other. If cracks appear when stacking sheets, they should be sealed with foam. Otherwise, the solution will fill them, so-called bridges are formed, through which the cold will penetrate under the floor and make it less warm.
- Reinforcement. Existence of the reinforcing framework will save a coupler from cracking and destruction. As such a frame canuse special mesh or reinforcement. This measure will extend the life of the insulated screed.
- Screed. To make a quality tie will help compliance with three simple rules. Rule one - to increase the strength of the solution and apply the formula is not 1: 4, but 1: 3. The second is to make the screed thickness at least 5 cm. Third, add a plasticizer to the solution (an increase in the amount of cement will increase cracking of the screed; a plasticizer will help to avoid this).
Insulated screed is a fairly simple method (it can be performed by professionals and not by professionals), but with low efficiency. Paul, of course, will become warmer, but not enough to walk on it barefoot. If opportunities allow, you can resort to more efficient technologies.
Floor heating systems
In contrast to the version with a coupler, it is better to entrust the system of underfloor heating to professionals. Specialists will do everything efficiently and on time, besides, you will receive a guarantee for the work done.
There are three options for floor heating systems: electric, infrared and water. If there is water heating in the house, the latter method is preferable.
Water heating system
The heat carrier in this system is hot water. It is distributed through the pipeshidden under the screed, using a special manifold (distribution comb). How to install such a system? Laying of pipes occurs immediately after laying the foam and before pouring the screed. A foil heat-reflecting screen is laid on the foam plastic, a reinforced mesh is placed on top, then the pipes are laid with loops every 15 cm.
Electric heating system
Electric floor can be cable or cable with reinforcing mesh. Before starting work, they make up a layout plan for the heating elements. They can not be laid in places where there will be large-sized furniture.It will prevent the outflow of heat, and the heating elements may overheat and fail, and the furniture itself may also suffer. This is perhaps the only drawback of this method, since subsequently it will not be possible to move furniture to other places.
Electric floor heating system is placed on the waterproofing and a layer of insulation, using a screed on top.
Infrared heating system
Infrared (film) heating system is used for laying under linoleumor laminate. To mount it in a screed or under the tile is strictly prohibited. A layer of foamed polyethylene with a foil surface should be laid over the existing screed, it will play the role of insulation. Next, electrical heating elements are placed, a waterproofing layer is added again, and then the flooring itself is laid.
In floor heating systems one major drawback - they can not be used in combination with wooden flooring. In this case, you can warm the floor of a wooden house in the following way.
Insulated Wood Flooring
The tree itself is a warm material, and if you want to warm this flooring, it is important to do everything right. Otherwise, instead of a positive effect, you can getnegative - insulation, laid under a wooden floor, will deprive it of normal ventilation, and wood in such conditions will collapse much faster. To prevent this from happening, during the insulation of wooden flooring, great attention is paid to the waterproofing process.
The works themselves consist in laying insulation between the lags. In the case of wooden flooring, it is better not to use foam plastic, but to replace it with mineral wool. Polyfoam is vapor-tight, and with it, provide the necessary ventilation of the underground will not work. Mineral wool is much more practical, but also it should not be laid too tightly and fill the space to the top - you need to leave at least 5 cm of space between the wooden flooring and insulation.
Another simple way to warm the floor
If you need to insulate the floor quickly and with minimal cost, you can use the following method.
- Floor cover removed.
- Ruberoid is laid on the bottom layer. It will prevent the next layer from absorbing moisture from the base.
- Sand is poured on the roofing material and spread on the entire surface.
- A film is put on the sand (preferably in several layers).
- With a construction stapler or nails, layers of the film are attached to the base.
- The next layer consists of penoplex. This material has excellent thermal insulation properties. In addition, it is not combustible, chemically inert, environmentally friendly, capable of absorbing sounds, fits into all the slots and cracks.
- The last component of the floor will be chipboard. The chipboard can be laid in one or even two layers.
At this stage of insulation is considered complete and you can return to the place of the floor covering.
What if you had a fight with a friend
How to dig a well
Yuri and Inna Zhirkovs: Allowing children to skip lessons
How often do spouses quarrel
How to restore sim card