How to start a lesson?
The beginning of the lesson should attract the attention of students, generate interest in the subject and provoke a craving for knowledge. Traction to knowledge is natural for human nature. Only boring teachers and boring lessons can kill her. How to start a lesson to immediately grab the attention of the class?
Teaching methods and common sense recommend starting a lesson in the following ways:
- questions to the class on the topics covered in previous classes,
- a small exciting game of the material studied,
- a story about an interesting fact on the topic ("informational minute"),
- solving a riddle, reading a suitable proverb or quotation,
- collective conversation beginning with the words "imagine that you ...".
Consider them in more detail.
Ways to start a lesson
- Ask questions to the class to repeat what has been learned. You need to do this energetically and quickly, ask only those who wish, put the fives most active. Students should not be afraid of this form of work, so do not scold them for mistakes or unwillingness to answer. Increase their motivation with interesting and unusual questions.If you teach the humanities, it is very easy to do. Show your imagination.
- Come up with a short game. For example, prepare a quiz with informative questions, divide the class into teams (preferably into two). The most active participants reward the top five.
- Find an interesting fact in advance on the topic of the material being studied. This may be a fact from the biography of a scientist or a writer, an unusual property of an object, a plant, an animal or a substance, an ambiguous question, over which scientists are still beating and controversy does not cease. You can bring photos, pictures or diagrams illustrating your story. Do not limit yourself to a monologue. Involve children in active discussion.
- Find or invent a riddle. This will revive children and will serve as a signal to start mental activity. Write on the chalkboard a quote on the topic of the material being studied, ask the students' opinions about it. Read the proverb or saying, have the children repeat it.
- Model the situation. Make the students connect the imagination. Start a conversation with the words "imagine that you ...". Further, there are various options depending on the lesson.If you are a teacher of literature or history, ask the children to present themselves as a great writer or emperor, ask what they would do in a given situation. If you teach math, play with numbers. If biology, let the children present themselves, for example, a cheetah and tell how they get their food.
The main thing is to stop in time and go on to serious exercises or to study new material. It is important to interest children, but not to excite and not to laugh. Feel the mood of the class, do not let it go over the edge. Give every student an opportunity to speak, but do not forget to follow the invaluable lesson time.
Tips for getting started
- do not start lessons the same way, the element of surprise attracts students
- smile, charge your children in a good mood, but do not allow jokes,
- leave the homework check at the middle or end of the class,
- do not begin the lesson with independent work, children must enter a working condition,
- do not be distracted by questions of discipline
- direct all forces to ignite the interest of students to the topic.
And remember: to anyone, even to the most difficult class, you can find your own approach if you want.Teachers, learn to light a fire in the eyes of their students, and they will repay you for this with attention and knowledge!
How to avoid stretch marks on the chest
13 original garlands that can decorate the house for the holidays
Salt Dough Horseshoe
How to get rid of melancholy
Happy Birthday to Brother