Pipe Cleaner Tutorial - Dragonfly
How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Dragonfly
The dragonfly is a much loved member of the insect world, often used as a symbol, totem or design by artists and animal lovers alike. It's easy to create a simplified and cute dragonfly using just pipe cleaners; the final design can be used to adorn gifts, be used as jewelry or simply enjoyed for what it is.
Creating the Body and Head
Take two pipe cleaners, each a different but complementary color.
- Bend one pipe cleaner into the shape of a long U.
- Twist the other one around the two stems, as shown in the image. This forms the body's middle and holds the folded pipe cleaner in place.
Wind a third pipe cleaner around the stems near the top to form the head.The color of this pipe cleaner should match the one wound around to form the body.
- Be sure to leave enough pipe cleaner at each end to form the two "antennas" coming out of the head. Simply bend each end over in a U shape to form the antennas.
Making the Wings
Take two pipe cleaners to use for the long and graceful wings of the dragonfly.Use the same color as the pipe cleaner used for the body. To shape the wings:
- Bend two more pipe cleaners into U shapes at each end, using the middle of the pipe cleaner as the dividing point for each U shape.
- Then, slightly kink the middle of the pipe cleaner, as shown. Reshape the U shapes into as wing-like a shape as possible.
Twist the wings into position on the body.To do this, wrap or fold the loose ends slightly around the body of the dragonfly, just enough to attach without taking away the wing shape. Make readjustments to the wing shape as needed.
- For added effect, try pasting some colored tissue paper over the wings.
Display the dragonfly.The dragonfly can now be displayed by hanging using invisible thread. Or simply place it on a shelf or add to a craft project.
- If wearing as jewelry, attach a finding such as a brooch backing, using craft glue.
- Other uses include: Adding to a collage or picture, toys for children over 3, decorations on children's lunchboxes/bags/totes/water bottles, etc., attachments to gift cards or gift wrapping, a decoration for a small treasures box lid, etc.
Video: Pipe cleaner crafts.How to make a pipe cleaner dragonfly video tutorial.
How to Buy Milk Allergy Free Chocolate
A (Central) American Beach Town
These Three Foster Children Received the Best Christmas Present Ever
Joel Fuhrman, M.D
Miracle Baby Is Born After Being Stitched Into Mothers Cervix To Prevent Him From Falling Out
DIY Moisturizing Avocado Face Mask For Dry Skin
Chloë Grace Moretz Channels Throwback Glamour in OversizedLashes
Kate Middleton Looks Amazing At The Royal Wedding Just 3 Weeks After Giving Birth
Topical Drug May Hit the Spot for Female Arousal
Why Staying in Your Comfort Zone Can Hurt You — Campbell
Mom Shares Heartbreaking Post About Car Seat Safety After Losing Her Son