How to learn to stand on your head?
Want to learn to stand on your head? It is important to do everything correctly and consistently. Below this posture is described in detail.
What is it and why?
The headstand is shirshasana. If yoga is close to you, or at least familiar, then you have probably heard and read about this position. If not, you will learn about everything a little later.
First, we'll find out why, in general, we need a stance on the head. This is how the Shirshasana is helpful:
- Such a position will teach you to concentrate.
- This is an excellent training of the vestibular apparatus. You will learn to keep balance in any situation and become more dexterous.
- In this position, all the blood rushes to the head and leaves the lower part of the body, so that cerebral circulation and blood supply to all brain tissues significantly improves, which helps improve memory, get rid of mental fatigue or tension, make your thoughts clearer, improve logical thinking.
- This posture will help improve digestion (especially if performed along with some other asanas).
Before you begin to master the headstand, learn about safety precautions. There are some contraindications:
- Elderly age.
- Some heart diseases, such as hypertension, ischemia, heart failure and others.
- Eye diseases: increased eye pressure, glaucoma, cataract, conjunctivitis. In case of weak eye vessels, it is also not worth risking.
- Vascular diseases, for example, atherosclerosis.
- Diseases associated with an increased risk of blood clots (thromboses).
- Diseases of ENT organs (otitis media).
- Tendency to bleeding (especially nasal).
- Some diseases of the central nervous system and the brain.
- Various brain tumors.
- Severe chronic diseases in the acute stage.
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Colds, fever.
- Spinal diseases and disorders of its functioning (osteochondrosis, intervertebral hernia, vertebral dislocation).
You should not perform headstand with migraine or headache, severe fatigue, deterioration of the general condition. Do not take a position immediately after eating (you need to stand for at least two hours).Refuse to perform with abundant menstruation, as well as immediately after intense physical exertion (you need to wait half an hour).
Remember that incorrectly performed shirshasana can harm your health!
Excessive tension and incorrect position can cause pain in the neck or in the head. In addition, there may be a displacement of the vertebrae of the cervical spine, which is very dangerous. So follow all the rules and do not rush!
How to prepare?
If you are not prepared physically, you will not be able to immediately stand on your head. Ideally, you need to study at a yoga school. An experienced specialist will help you and immediately correct all errors, which, by the way, can be fatal. If you can not sign up for yoga, then watch the video or photo with a detailed description and be sure to follow all the recommendations.
So what does training mean? Here are some important points:
- First you need to strengthen your neck, otherwise from excessive load and strong tension, you can stretch the muscles or get injured. So, to strengthen lie down on your back and lift your head 1 centimeter from the floor.To begin, linger in this position for 30 seconds, then increase the time to a minute. As a result, you should easily keep your head up for at least 3-5 minutes. If you can easily do this, then your neck is cooking for loads. But that is not all.
- Since a large load falls on the head, it is extremely important to choose a section on which you will stand. To determine the most convenient and right from a physiological point of view, take the book and put it on your head. The area in contact with the book, and will be the very place that will be in contact with the floor when performing stands.
- And finally, perform exercises that imply an inverted position of the body. Master, for example, asana "dog face down." Stand on all fours, place your palms, feet and knees shoulder-width apart, and your arms and thighs - perpendicular to the floor. Bend in the lower back, with your hands, push away from the floor and lift the buttocks. Straighten your arms, neck and back to make one line. Press heels to the floor and straighten your knees. Stand there for a minute, then increase the time. Such poses will help you learn to navigate in space and avoid discomfort.
How to carry out the rack?
So, how to do a headstand? Here is the sequence of actions for newbies:
- First spread a soft mat or blanket on the floor.
- Place your elbows and forearms approximately in the center of the rug, chain your fingers into the lock (they will remain in this position all the time). Elbows should be apart from each other at a distance of shoulders.
- Place the heads that you identified with the book on the carpet. The back of the head should touch your clutched palms. The forehead should not touch the floor.
- Raise your knees from the floor and try to bring your toes close to your head.
- Exhale and lift the legs off the floor, keeping them bent. Do this in a snatch, but so that at the same time both legs are detached from the surface.
- Now gently and slowly pull the legs up, maintaining balance.
- Stand in this position for 1-3 minutes.
- Then bend your knees and gently return them to the floor.
A few tips for newbies:
- Without hands, you cannot stand on your head, so do not try to remove them.
- At first, it is better to perform the rack with the help of a partner or at the support (it should be located at a distance of 50 centimeters from you).
- Do not be afraid to fall.If you feel that you begin to lose balance, then bend your knees, relax, and at the same time begin to remove your hands from the floor. You simply roll onto your back, side or belly. And you can just remember your childhood and jump over your head.
- After the rack do not stand up sharply, you can fall. Do everything gradually.
- The rug should not be too soft.
- Do not pull your fingers, just point them up.
- Watch the position. The head, torso and legs should form a straight line and be perpendicular to the floor.
- Your hands should not press the back of your head.
Master shirshasana and enjoy clarity of thought.
How to improve hearing
Where to buy euros
How to survive the death of a husband
What to give to the son
How the stomach works