NEW How To Install Cydia JAILBREAK iOS 11.2 - 11.3.1 NO Computer iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch - Electra
How to Install Cydia
This wikiHow teaches you how to install the Cydia application on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod by jailbreaking your iOS device. You cannot install Cydia on a non-jailbroken device; any site or program claiming otherwise will likely attempt to install malware on your device and should be avoided.
Jailbreak your iOS device to install automatically Cydia on the Home Screen.
Preparing to Jailbreak
Make sure your device is compatible.Currently (April 2019), jailbreaks are possible on the following iOS devices:
- iPhone- 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, and SE
- iPad- Mini 2/3/4, Air 2, Pro
- iPod- 6th generation
Make sure your iOS device is running iOS 10.2.1 or lower.As of April 2019, there is no iOS 10.3 jailbreak. To check your iOS' operating system, open Settings, tapGeneral, tapAbout, and find the number next to the "Version" entry. If the number here is between 10.0 and 10.2.1, proceed.
Disable your iOS device's passcode.You can turn it back on after the jailbreak is complete. To disable the passcode:
- Scroll down and tapTouch ID & Passcode(or simplyPasscode).
- Enter your passcode.
- Scroll down and tapTurn Passcode Off.
- Enter your passcode again.
Disable Find My iPhone.As with your iOS device's passcode, you'll be able to turn it back on once the jailbreak finishes. To do this:
- Tap the "Back" button in the top-left corner to return to the "Settings" page.
- Scroll down and tapiCloud.
- Scroll down and tapFind My iPhone
- SlideFind My iPhoneleft to the "Off" position. You may need to enter your Apple ID password or use your Touch ID to do so.
Update iTunes to the latest version.You can do this by opening iTunes, clicking theHelptab in the upper-left corner, clickingCheck for Updates, and clickingDownload iTunesif this option is available.
- You will need to restart your computer after updating iTunes.
Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your computer.You'll connect it with your iOS device's USB charger cable.
Back up your device's data.While not necessary, backing up your iOS device to iTunes will ensure that you can restore it should the jailbreak go wrong.
- The process for backing up an iPhone will work for backing up an iPad or iPod as well.
- Jailbreaking in and of itself won't typically harm your device, so this is just a precautionary measure.
Activate your device's Airplane Mode.This will prevent Apple over-the-air updates or restrictions from affecting the jailbreak. To do so:
- SlideAirplane Modeat the top of the "Settings" page right to the "On" position.
Proceed with jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.Now that you've taken the necessary steps to ensure that the jailbreak will work, you may begin actually jailbreaking your device.
Go to the Yalu jailbreak webpage.You'll do so by enteringinto your browser's URL bar and pressingEnter(orReturnon a Mac).
Click the "Download Yalu jailbreak IPA -10.2" link.It's the first link beneath the "Yalu10.2 Beta 7" heading on this webpage.
Click the "Download Cydia Impactor" link.It's directly below the first link. Doing so will take you to a page with links at the top of the page for different operating systems:
- Mac OS X
- Linux (32 bit)
- Linux (64 bit)
Click the link for your operating system.A ZIP file with the jailbreak installer in it will begin downloading to your computer.
- Depending on the browser you're using, you may need to select a save location (e.g., your desktop) before the file will download.
Double-click the ZIP folder.Doing so will open the ZIP folder on most computers.
- On old computers, you may need to install an unzipping program in order to open this folder.
Double-click the "Impactor" application.It will begin installing files on your computer.
- This process will likely take a few minutes.
Click and drag "Yalu" onto the installer window.This file has an iTunes logo on it, and will likely be on the desktop.
Enter your Apple ID email address.Do so in the pop-up window when prompted.
Click .It's at the bottom of the window.
Enter your Apple ID password.Do so in the same window as above.
Click .As long as your Apple ID credentials are correct, Yalu will begin installing onto your iOS device.
- Again, this process will take a few minutes.
Open Yalu on your iOS device.It's a black and grey app with a human face on it.
Tap .This is a link in the middle of the screen. After tapping it, your iOS device will restart.
Wait for your device to finish restarting.Once it does, you'll see a brown app with a box icon called "Cydia" on the Home Screen; this is the jailbreak App Store. You have successfully installed Cydia on your iOS device.
Open Cydia.It's a brown app with a box icon on it. You will find it on the Home Screen after the jailbreak completes, though you will have to scroll to a Home Screen page to view it if your primary Home Screen is full.
Review the tabs at the bottom of Cydia.These tabs include the following:
- Cydia- Bottom-left corner of the screen. This is the Cydia Home page.
- Sources- Right ofCydia. Any repositories, which are places from which you can download tweaks, will appear here. You can add repositories by tappingEditin the top-right corner of the screen, tappingAddin the top-left corner, typing in a repository's URL, and tappingAdd Source.
- Changes- Right ofSources. This page is analogous to theUpdatestab in the iOS App Store. To update your iOS device's tweaks and apps, tapUpgradein the top-right corner of the screen.
- Installed- Right ofChanges. You can view a comprehensive list of all apps, tweaks, and other changes. To remove a change, tap it, tapModifyin the top-right corner, and tapRemove.
- Search- Bottom-right corner of the screen. Allows you to search for Cydia apps, tweaks, etc.
TapCydia.You'll be taken back to the Home page.
TapThemes.It's on the top-right side of the screen. You can browse Cydia themes, which fundamentally change the way your iOS device's display appears and reacts, in this section.
- The majority of the tweaks here are paid.
Continue browsing Cydia.As you navigate Cydia, you will get a feel for the kinds of themes or tweaks you prefer, and you'll be able to download them as you go.
QuestionDoes it work on iPhone 4?Community AnswerYes, it works on the iPhone 4. You just need the right operating system and the correct type of jailbreak.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I install Cydia without anything?Community AnswerYou can search tutorials about how to download a version of Cydia without a PC. It's not recommended though.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I jail-break my iPhone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt is best not to jail-break. If you do, your warranty is voided and you can not update your software. Also, some jail-breaks cost money.Thanks!
Will this only work with iOS 10.3.1 devices and iPhone 5?
- Jailbreaking by itself will not void your iOS device's warranty. If your iOS is harmedbecauseof jailbreaking, however, your warranty will be void.
- Cydia allows you to install tweaks and apps that fall outside of the realm of typical Apple regulations, which can cause you to permanently harm your device. Always research apps and tweaks independently before downloading them.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Português: , Español: , Italiano: , Nederlands: , Русский: , Deutsch: , 中文: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , العربية: , हिन्दी: , ไทย:
Video: How to install cydia on your Iphone (works on all ios)
How to Care for Tan Leather Shoes
Will You Live Past 70
Orange Juice And Green Veggies For Better Memory In Old Age Health News in Hindi
HM Releases Ad With First Hijab-Wearing Muslim Model And She Looks Beautiful
More from Elon Musks Recode appearance
How to Convince Your Boss That Browsing Online Can Boost Productivity
Abdominal Pain During Pregnancy in Hindi Is It Gas or Something Else In Hindi
26 Bright Red Hair Ideas To Make A Statement
Summer face packs to protect your skin from heat and tan
Jennifer Lopez Stuns In A Midnight Blue Sparkly Gown by Gucci
How to Connect an iPad to a Windows PC
Thai cave: Team got trapped during initiation ceremony gone wrong, diver says
How to Teach English As a Second Language Worldwide
Self-Monitoring for Weight Control