How to glue the window?
For those who have not yet become a happy owner of plastic windows, winter begins with the insulation of windows and how to glue the windows this year. The modern market offers a large number of sealing materials for warming windows:
- Foam, silicone and rubber tape
- Polyurethane Profile Seals
- Tube profile
In addition, seals can be divided into self-adhesive and those that should be glued with glue. How to choose the seal:
- When buying a seal carefully read on the packaging, of what material it is made. If it is self-adhesive, you must immediately purchase the right amount of glue or silicone sealant for gluing.
- The profile of the seal is selected depending on the size of the slots.
- E-shaped is used for the gap of 0.2-0.35 cm,
- P-shaped to 0.5 cm
- V-shaped - up to 0.8. cm
Some tips on how to glue the windows:
- Clean dirt from the frame and the old seal.
- Using one strip of the compactor, without stretching, measure the length of the sash.Cut the measured piece, cut off the corners at a 45 degree angle. Separate the backing of the adhesive side by a few centimeters and attach the edge to the frame. Gradually, separating the substrate, glue the entire strip without stretching it. Also glued and horizontal pieces of insulation.
- Pay special attention to the corners - the places of joining the strips of the seal. It is best to fix them additionally with a construction stapler or with ordinary clerical pins.
If for some reason you do not want to use an industrial-made compactor, you can use the grandmother’s methods of window insulation:
- The slit can be filled with a wet newspaper, sticking on the top of the paper with paste.
- To score the slots with a rag or foam rubber and glue on the strips of fabric soaked in soapy water from above. In the spring they can be easily removed from the frame.
- Small gaps can simply be covered with alabaster.
Can a husband get maternity
How the stomach works
How to get energy
How to kill zombies
How does the money tree bloom
Making arrows for bows