How to distinguish natural aquamarine from a fake?
From the variety of beryl, a thirty centimetric scepter of King Stanislaw of Poland, the famous tiara of Pope Julius II, and the bust of Napoleon III made of a single piece of mineral weighing 10 kilograms were made. Karl Faberge used a iridescent stone in creating a jewelry for the Russian Emperor Alexander III - "Faberge Eggs".
Medicinal properties of natural aquamarine
In the XXI century, the mineral is mined in the Russian Federation, Brazil, Australia, USA, India and Madagascar.The affordable cost of semiprecious stones determines the demand for aquamarine among people with different social statuses.
Modern jewelers have learned how to make fakes that are visually identical with a real mineral. However, these products are devoid of medicinal properties that are characteristic of natural aquamarine:
- Beneficial effect on vision.
- Excretes toxins and toxins from the body.
- It relieves toothache.
- Reduces allergic reaction.
- It is used as a preventive agent for diseases of the thyroid gland and respiratory organs.
- Normalizes the kidneys.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves well-being.
Aquamarines are not grown artificially, therefore, there simply does not exist synthetic varieties of beryl in the jewelry industry
If you do not distinguish real stone from forgery in advance, then the jewelery you purchased is equivalent to glass jewelry.
The main differences of this aquamarine from artificial stone
To rule out the risk of buying a non-genuine aquamarine, you need to carefully check the semiprecious stone before purchasing.Differences of a natural variety of beryl from a fake:
- If you change the angle of the stone, the shade of the surface of the mineral will also change (the property of pleochroism).
- The structure of this aquamarine, in contrast to fakes, is transparent, not darkened, with a light bluish tint (it is difficult to achieve this color by artificial means).
- Inside the genuine mineral there are special organic inclusions resembling "snowflakes" or white "chrysanthemums".
- This aquamarine is characterized by a glassy sheen.
- Natural stone is distinguished by an uneven fracture of the surface.
Some jewelers use green and yellow beryls for making aquamarine analogues, heating them to 500about–550aboutC. Under the influence of temperature, the stones become greenish-blue. Such a fake without a special examination and the participation of a gemologist can not be identified.
What dreams of indoor flower
Water-repellent watering, what reviews
Where to find a gun
How to become a hero
How to grow potatoes
How to pick up the car from the car pound