How to delete a virtual disk?
People create virtual disks in order to, for example, mount an image of some kind of physical CD / DVD-disk or to create such images. But how to remove a virtual disk if it is no longer needed? There are several ways to delete a virtual disk (or disconnect it for a while):
- Through the command line, which can be called by clicking "Start", then "Run" and enter the command "cmd" (without quotes). In the window that appears, enter the command "subst (virtual drive letter): / d". For example: "subst Z: / d" (also without quotes);
- Click "Start", then "Control Panel", where you select the item "Administration", and in it the item "Computer Management" and "Device Manager". Or, right-click on the “My Computer” shortcut and select “Device Manager” from the drop-down menu. In the "Device Manager" click on the right mouse button on the desired device and select the item you need in the drop-down menu that appears. Thus, you can not only remove what device you want, but also disable it for a while, regardless of whether it is a virtual device or a physical device;
- Also, if you created a virtual disk using Alcohol 120%, you can open it, go to the “Properties” menu, and then select the “Settings” item. Then select the “Virtual Disk” item and, in the drop-down list called “Number of virtual disks”, select “0” (remove all virtual disks in general) or the desired number of virtual disks from 1 to 31. Now restart the computer;
- If you created a virtual disk using the Daemon Tools program, then look for the icon of this program on the “Taskbar” next to the watch. Now click on it with the right mouse button and, in the drop-down menu that appears, select “Disable installation of the number of drives”, where also, as in the Alcohol 120% program, you can select the number of virtual disks you need or remove them all completely. Now restart the computer;
- If all of the above does not help, then you need to manually remove drivers from the Windows folder (this should be done very carefully so as not to accidentally delete the necessary files and folders) installed by your virtual disk program (for example, Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools). Now you need to restart your computer.
Now you know how to remove a virtual hard disk and not only!
Why muscle contraction
How many cats go pregnant
Choking what to do
The amazing properties of cocoa butter
Types of heating radiators
Sidewalk tile - irreplaceable material
How to draw traces