How to connect the phone to the computer?
Watch the video
Today, almost every person has a smartphone in his pocket. Our life is hard to imagine without them. Information that is on modern mobile phones can be synchronized with a PC, so many owners of smartphones are interested in how to connect the phone to a computer in order to copy music, video, phonebook contacts and more.
There are only three main ways to connect your phone to a computer:
- using a USB cable;
- using Wi-Fi;
- using bluetooh.
We connect the smartphone via USB cable
Before you connect the phone to the computer, you need to find the cable in the box from the smartphone. This is a long black cord that has a USB and micro USB connector. Owners of Apple products are more fortunate - this wire (white) at the same time plays the role of a charger, so you don’t have to look for it. For practical tips on connecting this device to a PC, see How to connect an iPhone to a computer.
For Android phones, the general algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Insert the micro USB into the phone jack by connecting the other end to the USB port of the computer;
- Wait for a distinctive sound, indicating a new device is connected, after which the pop-up prompt “New device detected” appears in the lower right corner;
- As a rule, drivers are installed automatically, but on earlier versions of operating systems, you may need to click on the hint and install drivers in semi-automatic mode, like any standard program;
- When the hint "New device is recognized / successfully connected" appears, you can go to "My Computer" and find your smartphone among the shortcuts.
If any moments in the instructions cause you difficulty, then read also the article How to connect Android (Android) to a computer, where the necessary actions are described in detail.
And for owners of Samsung Galaxy Ace phones, the article How to connect Samsung Galaxy Ace to a computer will be interesting, since for some models you need to download a separate program.
Wireless connection to computer
To exchange data via Wi-Fi, you need to download a convenient program that will allow you to make your access point from a PC. After downloading and installing it, perform the following steps:
- Go to the program interface and enter the name of the access point in the "Wi-Fi name" field;
- If you do not want outsiders to have access to the Network, then protect it with a password by entering the code in the "Password" field.
The program will perform the rest of the settings automatically. After confirmation, you can share files with your PC. The advantage of this utility is that the software supports all mobile operating systems.
Learn more about connecting via Bluetooth
Of course, when you connect your phone to a PC via Bluetooth, the data transfer rate will be much lower than when connected via cable. But the plus is that it is not necessary to leave the mobile device close to the computer, because the range of this wireless connection reaches 100 meters, which will allow you to move freely around the house, while transmitting the necessary information to a PC. Bluetooth is embedded in many models of laptops, so we also recommend reading the article How to connect the phone to a laptop to learn the features of this method.
- Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone and laptop;
- Then on the computer click "Search for devices". When it is over, the program should find your mobile phone (the name of the smartphone can be found in its network settings);
- Click on the name of the desired device and select "Do not use access key". After that, the installation will begin, after which you can start transferring files.
How to format a smartphone
Where to find a cutter
What are substances?
How to cure sinusitis
Horoscope for 2015 for Pisces