How to connect a gas stove?
Watch the video
Buying a new gas stove or gas hob, the question arises how to connect it yourself, what to buy and what precautions you need to follow, because you should not joke with gas.
In order to properly connect the stove it is necessary to prepare the following:
- flexible steel pipe or copper hose of the required length;
- dielectric sleeve with gasket;
- gas wrench;
- soap solution.
Gas stove connection
- First you need to prepare the room in which the gas stove will be installed. Also shut off the gas supply from the gas network.
- If you have a built-in hob, you need to check the size of the stove and the countertop on which it will be installed. In case of discrepancies, the dimensions must be adjusted.
- Then you should install the slab on the prepared place and level it.
- If the stove is equipped with an electric oven or electrical ignition, it is worth preparing an outlet.It is also necessary to check the grounding of the power supply lines and connect the gas stove electrical cord to the outlet.
- Next, you need to connect the stove to the gas pipe using a copper hose or a flexible steel pipe. It should be connected through a dielectric coupling with a gasket.
- The tightness of the compound is checked with a soap solution (in this case, you can use baby soap bubbles or ordinary soap dissolved in water).
- After the gas stove is connected to the gas network, it is necessary to check the functionality of the device. In case of defects, turn off the stove and shut off the gas supply. And only after that to troubleshoot.
In order to properly connect the gas stove to the gas network, you need to figure out which hose is best to get:
- According to experts, a flexible copper hose is best suited when connecting a gas stove, as it is not rigidly attached to one place and can be moved with a flexible hose.
- You should purchase long hoses. There are hoses from 1 to 5 meters on sale: it is worth buying as long a hose as conditions allow.
- The stock of the hose should be from 50 cm to one meter.If you want to move the stove to the side, a supply of hose will help avoid gas leakage.
- Modern rubber hoses are durable and, if properly used, can last for more than 10 years.
- Gas hoses are marked with yellow tags (hoses with red and blue water marks).
- When choosing a hose should pay attention to the output on the plate, which is straight and curved to the bottom. Also, do not forget about the thread, if it is difficult to choose a hose with a suitable thread, you should use an adapter.
Precautions when working with gas equipment
- Install the gas stove in a dry well-ventilated room.
- Installation of the gas stove should be made using equipment that is included in the complete set of the stove (connections, adapters).
- The pipes must be connected tightly.
- The gas stove to the pipe should be fixed with one hose. If you have a short hose, you must replace it with a longer one, but notconnect two short hoses to each other.
- If after installing the stove and the hose is connected, there is a smell of gas, it is necessary to shut off the gas supply and check all the connecting elements for tightness (including connections on pipes,because during the work you could break any connection).
- Kitchen sections must be selected from heat-resistant material.
- Flexible hose and gas lines must be visible so that access to them is open. You can hide them behind a removable box, but not sew up drywall or complex wooden structures that are very difficult to disassemble.
If you doubt that you can properly connect a gas stove, check out the video, which details the connection process.
How to tear off wallpaper
How to cook bean broth
Why do I need an expander
How to make a lighter in Minecraft
How to accept payments
What is a free rental