How to clean the water heater from scale and scale
The water in the water pipes is of poor quality. In contact with it, home appliances are suffering, first of all - water heaters. On ten, for operation period, the scum is formed, and it leads to violation in work. Failure to clean the equipment may result in damage. It is possible to remove scale in several ways.
Why do I need to clean the water heater
Clean the water heater when the following symptoms appear:
- Noise during operation - scale on the bottom of the tank causes strong friction against the walls.
- Water has a yellowish tint and an unpleasant smell.
- When heated, a hissing sound is heard.
- Heating lasts a long time.
- Increased electricity consumption.
- The walls of the boiler body overheat. The temperature of nearby equipment, walls and sockets rises.
- Self shutdown.
Scale consists of salt and lime. Having a low thermal conductivity, prevents the timely heating of water, which leads to unnecessary waste of electricity.
If you do not take action, gradually scum will settle in a thick layer on the details of the device responsible for heat transfer. As a result, the protective relay is activated and the boiler is turned off. Over time, it can break down. To extend the service life, it is necessary to clean the Teng 1-2 years later after the start of operation. Preventive measures will avoid problems.
It is necessary to conduct training:
- Disconnect the water heater from the mains.
- Disconnect from the water system by shutting off the cold water tap.
- Pour out all the water from the boiler (a hose is connected to the drain fitting, through which the liquid is drained from the tank).
- Remove the tank pan by unscrewing the fastening screws.
- Remove the control plate by disconnecting the electrical wires.
- Remove the PETN from the tank.
Depending on the model of the water heater, the order of the dismantling can be changed.
Mechanical cleaning method
When using hard water, the heating element and the inner surface of the tank are covered with a layer of lime scale, which should be removed periodically.
Proceed to the removal of scale should be immediately after disconnecting, while the plaque is wet. You can use a wooden spatula, a knife or a metal brush.When the main dirt is removed, the remnants can be cleaned with sandpaper. The quality of cleaning depends on the durability of the boiler.
Wipe the inner surface of the tank with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasives, they may damage the coating.
At the end of the cleaning, it is necessary to assemble the boiler and connect it to the electrical and water mains. The main safety is dry wiring. Be careful before switching the appliance on.
Folk remedies for cleaning the heater and tank
Scale with Teng and the inner walls of the tank can be removed with the help of folk remedies. The following recipes are popular:
- Acetic acid (8%) - 5 tablespoons are diluted in 1 l of water. l. acid.
- Acetic essence - 2 hours dissolve in 1 liter of water. l. essences.
- Citric acid - in 1 liter of water dilute 50 g of acid.
One of the funds must be poured into the tank and left overnight. After 24 hours, the contents can be drained and the walls rinsed with warm water.
If the device is connected to the mains, another cleaning method can be used. In the third part of the water in the tank, pour the cleaning solution, heat it to 90-95 ° C and leave it for 5-7 hours. After a while, drain the solution and rinse the tank thoroughly.
Cleaning the boiler with specialized household chemicals
Clean the heating elements and walls of the water heater using special tools. The working solution is prepared in an enameled container in which the heating element can fit. Effective cleaning of the heating element is ensured by strict compliance with the instructions. Do not exceed the concentration, this will negatively affect the condition of the equipment.
It is necessary to avoid the ingress of chemical agents on the sealing gum, this can lead to a deterioration of elasticity and the formation of leaks. During cleaning, it is necessary to control the state by which it will be visible when the heating element can be removed from the solution.Before installation, wash the pan with water and wipe it off.
Effective means recognized "Melon ZHS17." Removes old salt and lime deposits. Safe for any parts of the boiler.
When the boiler is connected to the water supply, you can clean it without disassembling and removing the water heater. The tank on ⅓ is filled with water, and then through the hose connected to the drain fitting, pour in a solution designed to remove plaque.
Then the hose rises 2-5 hours above the tank level. After a time, the solution is drained, and the container is thoroughly washed with water.
Rules of care for the water heater
To prolong the life of the boiler, observe the rules of care.
- In the presence of water of increased hardness, carry out cleaning work every 6-9 months. Otherwise, 1 procedure is sufficient in 2-2.5 years.
- Understand how hard water can be on a white patina.
- If the water heater is set to more than 60 ° C, then it should be cleaned more often.
- An unpleasant smell occurs in water with a high content of sulfates. Coming into contact with the magnesium anode, hydrogen sulfide is released. To prevent this situation, remove the magnesium rod.
- Stagnant water can become a breeding ground for bacteria and a source of unpleasant odor. Bring water to a boil to correct the problem.
- It is necessary to look into the tank from above to determine the state of the ion exchanger, which is a magnesium anode. It protects the container from corrosion. Oxygen, which is contained in tap water, destroys the metal, actively interacts with magnesium, disabling the rod. To replace it at home after a breakdown, you need to unscrew the damaged part and install a new one.
- Water softening will help increase the life of the electric boiler. This will be provided by electromagnetic and magnetic converters of the “Aquashchit” type. Electromagnetic waves alter the salt composition of water, and this prevents the deposition of plaque on the walls of the tank.
- Water filters for coarse and fine cleaning remove poorly soluble impurities and chlorine from the water, thereby prolonging the life of household appliances.
- For self-cleaning of the boiler from contamination, you need to use personal protective equipment - glasses and gloves.
- Do not buy models with Teng from black and galvanized metal. They slowly heat up and strongly rust, as a result, the part becomes unusable and requires replacement.
- To disinfect water, it is necessary to pass 100 liters of liquid through it once every 2 months. Disinfection of water is helped by heating to the maximum temperature.
Cleaning the heater and the inner surface of the tank of the heater is a necessary measure that will extend the life. The work can be carried out independently, with the help of folk or chemical means. Sometimes it is better to turn to the services of professionals who will carry out all the manipulations to remove scale quickly and efficiently.
Gold and other jewelry as part of cosmetics
When baked Easter cakes
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt divorce before the end of the month
How to get a housing certificate
What is a standard
Sheepskin shoes - the best option for the winter
Interpreting Forex Charts