How to clean soft furniture from dirt, grease and smell
Upholstered furniture makes the house more comfortable. After a hard day's work, have a good time relaxing on a soft sofa. Over the years, the furniture is covered with various stains and the appearance becomes unattractive. How to clean the furniture at home? It is not as difficult as it may seem. The most important thing is to approach the process correctly. Before cleaning, you need to find out what material draped furniture. The choice of method depends on this.
Preparation and precautions
A common furniture cleaner is chemicals that are mostly aggressive. Wear rubber gloves to protect hands. First, test the tool by dropping a little on an inconspicuous area. Thanks to this you will learn how the substance affected the fabric. You can damage the material and get an additional spot or hole.
It is necessary to determine the specificity of pollution. It makes no sense to display traces of a marker with a tool that is used to remove dirt.For cleaning you will need:
- Soft sponge.
- Brushes with soft and hard nap.
Regardless of the material, the algorithm of actions is the same:
- Prepare a solution to remove stains and put it in a convenient place.
- Apply the product to the place of pollution. The time it takes to remove a stain depends on how much it is already on the furniture. The stain will begin to break down after being soaked with the product.
- Before removing the contamination, it is worth waiting for a while. Then the stain is removed with a brush.
- Remnants of the chemical are then removed.
If after the first application of chemistry the stain remains, the whole process is repeated, but the exposure time increases.
Effective folk methods against dirt, grease and odor
Folk remedies are used when the stain is old and you can not use chemicals, as you can damage the fabric. In such cases it is used: shaving foam, vinegar solution, soap solution and much more depending on the nature of the pollution. Consider the popular folk remedies that will help to return the furniture an attractive look and remove stains.
- To remove dust: 1 teaspoon of vinegar and 2 teaspoons of salt mixed with 1 liter of water. In this solution, we moisten a small piece of cloth, cover the stain. We knock out furniture until traces of dirt cease to remain on the fabric. The method is suitable for cleaning the velor surface.
- Remove traces of juice: mix in the same proportions table vinegar and ammonia. The solution is rubbed into the stain. Wait until dry.
Having small children or animals at home, you can get spots with traces of urine. In this case, vinegar will help.
- A fresh urine stain is removed with a paper towel.
- The old stain is removed with a solution of table vinegar and water, mixing in proportion one to two. The spot is wetted with the solution, covered with a paper towel until it dries completely.
As soon as the fabric is dry, sprinkle it with soda. We take 100 ml of hydrogen peroxide and 100 ml of water, add 0.5 teaspoon of liquid soap, mix everything and spray it on soda. After a few hours, remove with a dry cloth and allow to dry. The smell of urine and the stain disappear without a trace.
Remove oily stain with mustard powder. The purification plan is as follows:
- Contaminated area is wetted with water.
- Mustard powder is sprinkled on top.
- Left for 5-10 minutes.
- The surface is wiped with a dry cloth or napkin.
- Leftovers are cleaned with a damp sponge.
For the second method it will be necessary to dissolve the mustard powder in a small amount of water, mix to a homogeneous consistency. We put on the stain, leave for 30 minutes, wait for complete drying and remove with water.
Salt and hydrogen peroxide
Spots are best removed immediately. The longer the stain is on the surface of upholstered furniture, the more difficult it is to remove. Salt and hydrogen peroxide will come to the rescue.
- If the contamination is fresh, then wet it with a dry cloth, napkins.
- Preparing the solution: 100 g of hydrogen peroxide and 2 tbsp. l. salt.
- Apply the solution to the stain.
- Take the cloth and scour. Repeat several times.
- We are waiting for 15 minutes.
- Then we clean it. Repeat until the stain disappears.
- Remove excess moisture with a dry sponge.
- Give dry.
- Sprinkle a patch of contamination with baking soda and leave for a while.
- Soda is removed by vacuuming. This will help get rid of odors.
Before applying hydrogen peroxide, drip a little onto an inconspicuous stretch of fabric on the chair, since after cleaning a contaminated area may be lighter due to the bleaching properties of the peroxide.
With the help of soap you can remove not all the pollution, but only the following.
- Traces of coffee and tea.Rub the place of contamination with soap, then remove with a damp cloth or sponge. You can use a soapy solution. For 1 liter of water, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar, a little liquid soap and wipe the stain. Dry with a dry cloth.
- Trail and smell from beer.Rub with soap and remove with a damp sponge. From the smell relieve solution of vinegar - 3 tablespoons of vinegar to 1 liter of water.
- Chocolate.Removing pollution should not be rushed. We'll wait for it to dry up, and remove it with a spoon. When the stain is completely dry, use a mild soap solution to clean the surface. Remove residues with a dry cloth.
Soda is used when upholstered furniture has become dirty, dull or dull upholstery. With the help of soda you can get rid of traces of tea, juice, traces of pens and watercolor paints. The tool can be used for the entire product, and for individual parts.The method is simple, consists of several stages.
- We wet new sponge with water.
- With its help we moisten a stain.
- Sprinkle with soda and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wet clean sponge wipe the place of pollution. You can use a soft bristled brush.
- Leave for several hours until completely dry.
- Remove the remains of soda with a damp cloth and sponge.
If a small stain needs to be removed quickly, then pour the soda onto a damp sponge and clean the surface. After drying, remove residues.
Vodka or alcohol
To clean the chair or sofa from the traces of wine, you can use vodka or alcohol. The stain of wine is spreading, so it needs to be removed as soon as possible.
- Wet off excess wine with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Leave the salt for 20-25 minutes and remove with a brush.
- We proceed to clean the surface. Soaked in vodka or alcohol napkin, wipe the stain of wine.
After drying, the problem area is soaped with soap and removed with a damp cloth. This will help remove divorces.
Lemon and citric acid
Lemon juice and citric acid perfectly cope with smells. It is usually difficult to get rid of the smell of urine, which is why furniture often drops out.However, there is a folk remedy that will eliminate the smell and traces. It will help lemon juice, which can be replaced by citric acid. The tool is dissolved in water, sprayed on the spot. After 15 minutes, processed again.
In the process of life there are many ways to pollute the furniture, and often there is no special means at hand, and you need to remove the stain quickly. In these cases, the housewife rescue popular methods. I will consider several ways that will help get rid of different types of pollution.
- Fat spotsneed to be removed as quickly as possible. Chalk chop and sprinkle the dirt. After a couple of minutes, when the chalk absorbs the fat, remove with a napkin or sponge. Repeat the procedure several times until the stain disappears. With talc, cosmetic, children's principle of action as in chalk. If there is no chalk or talc at hand, use salt.
- Blood- one of the most persistent pollution. It is difficult to get rid of old stains of blood, but you can try. Put a cloth moistened in cold water on the stain. After some time, we clean the trail with a paper napkin. Repeat the procedure several times.If the stain has not disappeared, add 2 tablespoons of salt to a glass of water. Spray the solution onto the stain and remove the liquid with a tissue. To remove old stains take 3% hydrogen peroxide. Dampen a napkin and clean the stain.
- Ink from penwell removes alcohol. They are moistened with a cotton disc and wipe the problem area. As the stain spreads quickly, the disc changes as it gets dirty.
- Chewing gum- difficult to remove, but possible. Take a piece of ice and put it on a chewing gum. Once it hardens, scrape off. Remove residues with alcohol.
Special household chemicals - examples and instructions
Vanish is considered a popular household cleaner for upholstered furniture. It is produced in a large assortment. What means Vanish suitable for what.
- Shampoo.Not only for the cleaning vacuum cleaner, but also for manual cleaning. We dilute it in 40-degree water in the proportion of 1 to 9. Beat the solution until foaming and apply with a brush on the contaminated surface. But! Only foam. After 40 minutes, vacuum to remove the cleaning agent.
- Powder.The principle of action, like shampoo. If you want to remove a greasy stain, powder is poured onto the surface. Diluted in water is not required.
- Spray.Shake the bottle before use, then apply a small layer.Upholstery should not get wet. Means left for 5 minutes, then remove with a dry cloth.
To save furniture in the home, various household chemicals are used - washing, shower gels, and hygiene products. However, it is prohibited. It is possible to get the stain out, but there is a chance to spoil the upholstery. It is better to use special tools designed for furniture.
Features of cleaning furniture from different materials
Upholstery fabric should be considered before cleaning the surface from stains. The methods for each material are different.
- Flok can be cleaned with a cloth moistened with soapy water.
- Rub the cloth with a dry towel.
- To remove grease stains, you can apply a soap solution.
- Not recommended products with a solvent and alcohol content.
- To clean the velor used soap and vinegar solution. During the procedure, move in the direction of the pile.
- To remove the fur of an animal, use a soft-bristled brush. This will help preserve the appearance for a long time.
Furniture with microfiber drapery unpretentious in the care.
- To keep it clean it is enough to clean the upholstery with a dry sponge and vacuum.
- To remove stains apply soapy solution or special chemistry.
- When drying, do not use heat sources, as the fabric will lose its original properties.
The material is easy to clean.
- A smooth surface is enough to wipe with a cloth, remove dust.
- Grease stains on kozhzame not appear. All traces are removed with soapy water.
- In some cases, alcohol is used - it will not hurt at small volumes.
Wood furniture needs constant, careful care.
- Dirty areas are cleaned with baby soap, dissolved in 0.5 liters of water.
- For polishing use water and lemon essential oil. The components are mixed in equal shares.
- Remove the stain is possible and a solution of water with lemon juice, mixed in equal proportions.
Leather products do not absorb dust and dirt, like fabric surfaces.
- For delicate cleaning use a weak soap solution.
- Do not abuse wet cleaning, as the skin may fade.
- Do not use products containing acetone.
- Covers will help prevent the appearance of dirt on upholstered furniture. They protect objects from dust, dirt and stains.It is easier to wash the cover in the washing machine than to clean a complex stain.
- If there is no desire to hide the beauty under the covers, then it is necessary to carry out daily cleaning - vacuum and wipe.
- Do not wet the fabric too much. Water can ruin the surface.
- With any method of removing stains, move from the edge to the center. This will not increase the area of the problem.
- If there are several spots, remove one and then another.
You can clean the stains at home, but you need to put a lot of effort into it. To make the furniture happy for many years, remove the dirt immediately. Old problems are harder to clean.
No cleaning method guarantees 100% results. Even the use of special household chemicals. You may have to combine several options.
How to fry champignons
The main trends of autumn manicure - 2018
How to silence a woman
How to hang a hook in the bathroom
Creating an interior as a dream of comfort and coziness