Activating your Straight Talk Sim and iPhone
How to Activate Straight Talk
Straight Talk is a no-contract wireless plan created by TracFone and Walmart.You can choose 2 plans: the “All You Need” plan with approximately 1,000 minutes for 30 days or a Unlimited plan for smart phones, which includes unlimited talk, data and text. Find out how to activate a Straight Talk plan using the phone of your choice.
Choosing Your Phone
Check the Service Area map on the Straight Talk website to review the phones that can be used for these plans in your area.Go to .
- TracFone uses the Sprint, Verizon and AT&T networks for service, so the phones and providers in your area will determine their coverage.
- Choose a phone on the list that you have or would like to buy.
Use your own unlocked phone.If it is on the list, the best option is to unlock a phone you have already bought with another cell phone plan. Call the wireless provider you have used and ask them to unlock your phone.
Buy an unlocked phone from the Straight Talk website.You can choose a phone from the list of phones that are available in your area.
Purchase an unlocked cell phone, such as an iPhone or Samsung Galaxy, from Walmart or a third-party site.Walmart bundles refurbished phones in packages with a 30-day Unlimited plan with Straight Talk.
- You can go into a local Walmart or order from Walmart.com.
Buying Your SIM Card
Determine if your Straight Talk-compatible phone works on a CDMA or GSM network.This will depend upon both the model of phone and your wireless provider.
- Phones that work on the CDMA network have a letter “C” in the model number.
- Phones that work on the GSM network have a letter “G” in the model number.
Go to Walmart to purchase a Straight Talk activation pack.You can activate the service faster if you purchase the SIM card and plan card together. Walmart is the official provider of the activation pack.
- If you find a Straight Talk activation pack at another store, such as eBay, it is a resale product.
- Some phone models, such as the iPhone 4 and 4S require a micro SIM, rather than a regular SIM.
Opt to buy a Straight Talk SIM card from the TracFone website.Go to and select “SIM Cards” from the drop down list. Follow the prompts to buy your CDMA or GSM SIM card for approximately .
- You can choose to purchase a service plan card that will also be shipped to you, or you can wait and choose a plan on the website, when you activate your plan.
Activating Your Plan
Find the red activation card that came with your SIM card.It lists the serial number you should use during the activation process, in place of your phone’s former serial number.
Find the Service PIN on the back of your Straight Talk service plan card.You may have already purchased a or service plan card, if you bought an activation kit from Walmart. If you do not have a service plan card, you can purchase it during the activation process.
Go to straighttalk.com/activate once you have purchased received your SIM card.Click “Continue” to start the process.
Enter the Serial Number.The following are the different numbers you will need depending upon the type of phone you own:
- Enter the IMEI/MEID number on the red activation card, if you bought the phone from TracFone.
- Enter the last 15-digits of your new SIM card, if you have an existing phone, but purchased a TracFone SIM card.
- Enter the MEID, if you purchased an iPhone through Walmart or the Straight Talk website.
Enter the zip code of your main residence.
Type in your Service PIN, if you have already purchased your or plan card.Click on the credit card option, if you want to purchase your plan during activation.
Create an account.It is necessary to pay each month anew with your credit card and to see details about your plan.
Enter your credit card details and choose your plan, if you have not activated a Service PIN.Agree to the terms and conditions.
Insert your SIM card when you reach the confirmation page.Wait several hours to 2 days for mobile service to be activated. Try making a call.
QuestionHow do you find the serial number an an iPhone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe serial number for an iPhone (on iOS 9) can be found in the Settings under General. Head down to "About" and then scroll down to "Serial Number."Thanks!
QuestionI have an LG Straight Talk flip phone. How can the pictures I've taken with phone be retrieved for development, say at Walmart or Walgreen's photo lab?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could send them to an email address and from there save them to your computer and move them to a flash drive. You can then take the flash drive to wherever you want them printed.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I use the data available on my plan?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour phone plan data is used when you go on the internet with your smart phone AND the phone is not connected to WiFi. No additional steps are needed other than opening your browser. If, for some reason, you don't want to use an available WiFi connection and want to use your data instead, you can simply turn off the WiFi function on your phone or put it in airplane mode.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I get a message that says "Cellular network is not valid" when I try to activate?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThen either you iPad does not support 4G network cards, or it's locked to a certain company (AT&T, Verizon, etc.).Thanks!
QuestionHow can I convince Straight Talk to send me a replacement phone if my current one won't work?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you have a warranty, they should replace it, even if the issue is your fault. If not, you're most likely going to just have to replace it yourself. If the issue you're having is on their end or a faulty device, then you should call and request a replacement or refund and they might give you one.Thanks!
QuestionCan a straight talk phone be used with T-Mobile?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends on the payment plan that you picked. You should contact T-Mobile and ask them if it will work with your plan.Thanks!
QuestionWhat does it mean if it says "no service?"wikiHow ContributorCommunity Answer"No service" means that you don't have WiFi or you are out of town and you can't text.Thanks!
QuestionWhere do I find the SIM card?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can purchase SIM cards from Walmart or directly from the Straight Talk website. Make sure you purchase the right size card for your phone.Thanks!
QuestionDo Straight Talk phones come with a SIM card?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, you purchase them separately from either Walmart or the Straight Talk website. They're .Thanks!
How do I get my account number for my new straight talk phone?
How much is a starter kit for Straight Talk for an iPhone 6?
I keep getting the message that there is a problem with authentication of the wi-fi?
When do I insert the sim card, before or after the port is compete?
How do I get my previous number?
- If you have chosen the Unlimited plan, go to your Settings application. Choose the network called “Cellular Data Network” to activate your data plan on your smartphone.
- During the activation process, you will be asked whether you want to keep your number or get a new number. This choice cannot be reversed later on.
- Sign up for an auto-refill option, or call to refill your plan every 30 days. With some phones, you can switch between the “All You Need” plan and the Unlimited plan.
- Call the customer service number, at 1-888-251-8164, if you have any problems during this process.
- Beware that straight Talk plans do not include streaming. If you are using a smart phone, your data use will be limited to certain applications.
Things You'll Need
Unlocked cell phone
TracFone SIM card
Straight Talk service plan card/Credit Card
- per month
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Italiano: , Deutsch: , Русский: , Português: , Español: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: Straight Talk- Easy steps for adding services to your smartphone
World in grip of Swine flu pandemic’
24 Ways to Wear Lingerie as a Part of Your Outfit
Nicola Walker on decluttering, her girlfriends and new drama, Unforgotten
How to De-Stress in Under 2 Minutes
Kate Middleton’s Pregnancy Style Parade
Kim Kardashian Wont Take North and Saint to See Kanye In the Hospital
6 Causes Of Breast Pain
How to Get a Boyfriend If You Are Overweight
6 of the Best Foods for an Upset Stomach