Flaxseed - the benefits and harm of how to take for ulcers and diabetes
Flax is a herbaceous plant that grows to a meter height. Crowning elastic stalk blue flowers with five petals bloom only in the sun. Later in place of the flowers appear boxes with seeds, which make a useful product - linseed oil. Consider flax seed, beneficial properties and contraindications, benefit and harm of decoctions.
Long since people use flax in food and use at production of fabrics. Scientists have shown that even in the Bronze Age, people added flax flour to the dough, from which they prepared coarse flat cakes.
For many years of flax use, a technology has been developed for the production of cold-pressed flaxseed oil, which is considered to be the healthiest product. It is used in the fight against diseases and in cosmetology.
Composition of flax seeds
Flax seeds contain a complex of substances that are beneficial to the human body. Fatty acids and fiber are considered the most valuable.Even in flax seed enzymes are present that improve digestion.
Flax seed is considered to be a source of B vitamins, carotene and a number of minerals, including chromium, iron, nickel, sulfur, and iodine. Fatty acids, which are rich only in some vegetable products and fatty fish, deserve the most attention. Thanks to these substances, the organs of the human body function normally.
In flax seeds there is a lot of soluble and insoluble fiber - a sorbent that removes excess cholesterol and toxins from the body, increases the viscosity of the intestinal contents, which has a positive effect on the speed of its emptying.
Flax seeds and lignans are rich. These plant compounds are similar to estrogens by the principle of action. Scientists have discovered a substance in the seed that looks like prostaglandin. It normalizes pressure and regulates the exchange of energy, calcium and lipids.
The study of the healing properties of flax seed began recently. This is due to the use of flax in oncology. Previously, the use of the plant was determined by the presence of fiber. The results of subsequent studies have shown that there are many beneficial trace elements in the seed, vitamins and other substances.
Due to the rich chemical composition of flax seed was used in medicine. It is used as:
- A mild laxative that is not addictive;
- Analgesic and antihelminthic drugs;
- A metabolic regulator that helps reduce cholesterol and lose weight;
- Choleretic and diuretic;
- Anti-inflammatory and wound healing agent.
Broths made with flaxseed provide relief from muscular dystrophy, intestinal obstruction and atony. Folk healers from Germany use flax in the treatment of bronchial asthma, hoarseness and cough.
Benefits for women
Flax seeds are considered the source of women's health and beauty. Since antiquity, women from all over the world have been using natural products for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Consider the use of seeds for the beautiful half of humanity.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Use during pregnancy has a beneficial effect on the development of the fetus, since there is a lot of phytoestrogen in the seeds. When breastfeeding the product increases the production of breast milk.
- Fighting overweight. The result is ensured by the fact that flax seed lowers appetite, removes toxins from the body, improves digestion, and contributes to overall recovery.
- Women Health. Flax seeds help a woman to calm down with premenstrual syndrome and normalize hormones, which increases the likelihood of conceiving a child. Additionally, the female body has an antifungal and antibacterial effect.
- Age problems. After 40 years, the likelihood of osteoporosis increases. A balanced flax-based diet helps solve the problem. At this age in the woman's body, the level of phytoestrogen decreases, which affects the work of the ovaries and the skin condition. Thanks to the use of infusion from flax seeds, a critical period in the life of a woman passes without significant changes.
As you can see, the benefits of this natural product for women are invaluable. I advise all ladies to think about the introduction of flax seeds into the ration now. It's worth it.
Benefits for men
Flaxseeds, which taste like nuts, are famous not only for their taste and pleasant texture, but also for their nutritional qualities.They are saturated with dietary fiber and lignans, contain omega-3 acid, and reduce the likelihood of some types of cancer. It is difficult to overestimate the benefits for men, as they help prevent the appearance of "male" health problems.
- Protection against inflammation. Chronic inflammation increases the likelihood of atherosclerosis, which is fraught with heart attacks, stroke and other heart diseases. Alpha-linolenic acid contained in the seeds reduces the production of pro-inflammatory proteins, which alleviates the inflammatory process.
- Benefits for the large intestine. Dietary fiber with a sticky substance that is contained in flax seeds, have a laxative effect and help in the fight against constipation. More seeds reduce the likelihood of a cancer in this part of the intestine and slow the development of metastasis.
- Improving the state of the prostate gland. When a man develops prostate cancer, he is advised to stick to diets based on products containing fats. The benefits of seeds in prostate cancer is invaluable, but before the introduction of the diet should consult a doctor.
Flax seeds are really good for men. Due to their composition, they are especially important for maintaining men's health. Note this information, dear men.
Benefits for children
The use of flax seeds for the adult population was considered. It should be noted that this natural product is also useful for kids because of its unique composition.
- . Unfortunately, not only adults suffer from this disease. Fatty acids together with fiber lower sugar, facilitating the child's condition. Dietitians in the disease recommend giving the children linen flour bread.
- Constipation. In flax seeds there are a lot of soluble and insoluble dietary fibers that help to return to normal defecation. Just remember that fiber provides a laxative effect only in conjunction with heavy drinking. Otherwise, it has a firming effect.
- Cardiovascular diseases.Regular consumption of flaxseed helps the child to prevail over many heart diseases, which today concern not only adults.
- Immunity. The seed of flax has a beneficial effect on the state of immunity.Doctors recommend to use them to kids who attend nursery, kindergarten or school.
- Depressed state. Fatigue, anxiety, depression. Even children face this. Flaxseed charges the children's body with energy. And this charge abound for the accomplishment of vital feats.
We found that flaxseeds are equally useful for all categories of the population, regardless of gender and age. It is not clear why this useful product is included in the diet of only some people.
Contraindications and harm from seeds
Any medical product created in the laboratory or grown in the natural environment has a “point of no return” when, instead of the expected benefit, harm is provided that destroys the body.
- The product is saturated with phytoestrogens. It is recommended to use with care girls in position and nursing mothers.
- Flax seed is better not to use for people who have cholelithiasis or acute cholecystitis.
- A product of plant origin is prohibited to use for people who have poor blood clotting.
Always remember about contraindications when using flaxseed to fight disease or as an additive to food. Consult a doctor before use.
Cyanide.So called deadly poison. This dangerous substance is present in the human body in a small amount and takes part in the metabolism. A small amount of poison is found in thiocyanates, which are found in nature in some plants.
In flaxseed, cyanogenic glycosides are present, involved in metabolism. If the metabolic processes are normal, the person is in good shape. Side effects occur when, for an extended period of time, the daily dose of semen exceeds 50 grams.
This determines the rate of consumption: 2 spoons per day. According to some nutritionists, even 50 grams a lot.
Remember, heat contributes to the breakdown of cyanogenic glycosides. This means that heat treatment helps eliminate risks, even if they are minimal.
Traditional methods of treatment
Flax seed for stomach ulcers
When an ulcer flax seeds due to healing properties have a regenerating and anti-inflammatory effect. This is the merit of polysaccharides, organic acids, vitamins and fiber, which are part of the plant.
Due to the high content of polysaccharides provides enveloping effect.Upon contact with the liquid, polymeric carbohydrates are released, resulting in water becoming viscous. For the prevention of exacerbations flaxseed is added to drinks and meals. And to relieve the symptoms used traditional recipes decoctions and infusions.
Broth with ulcer. On a tablespoon of seed take a liter of boiling water. The mixture is sent to a water bath, waiting for boiling and boil for a quarter of an hour. The composition is set aside and insist 2 hours. Take a decoction before eating.
A positive result provides a course of therapy for two months. Since signs of ulcers bother people in the spring and autumn, the treatment strategy provides for small breaks. It helps to get remission.
Infusion with ulcer. The powder obtained from 50 grams of grass grains, dissolved in a liter of boiling water, cover and leave until morning. A quarter of an hour before breakfast, drink a stack of infusion. The remaining medicine is divided into the same parts and drunk throughout the day. The course of treatment is 1 month.
Sometimes the symptoms of an ulcer disappear before a specified period. But even in this case, it is not recommended to stop taking the medication, since only strict adherence to the rules of administration ensures the result.
Flax seed in gynecology
The seeds, which are discussed, as if specially created by Mother Nature for women's health. They help to cope with many gynecological diseases. The herbal product contains substances that in structure and properties strongly resemble female sex hormones.
If the female body does not produce estrogens in the right amount or there is an excess of them, gynecological problems appear. In gynecology, flaxseed is used for:
- Fight against tumors;
- Normalization of hormonal background;
- Enhance lactation;
- Prevention of breast cancer;
- Stabilization of the menstrual cycle.
In flaxseed there are a lot of vitamins, acids and trace elements that the female body needs. Together, these substances help a woman to prolong her youth and stay healthy. This effect is provided by both the seeds and the oil made from them.
Sometimes, due to irregularities in the body, a woman has a hysteromyoma. This type of benign tumor helps to defeat flax seeds. If the size of the education is insignificant, gynecologists advise to abandon surgical treatment in favor of the drug course, supplemented by a strict diet.
Flax seeds for diabetes
Flax, due to its unique composition, is widely used in diabetes. Carbohydrates are present in the seeds, but their amount is insignificant, which is important. It is known that a special diet is attributed to people with diabetes. We are talking about restrictions regarding the intake of starch and sugar. Therefore, flax seeds are useful for people with this diagnosis.
Flax seeds due to their composition have a preventive effect. If the disease progresses, flax helps prevent the disease from becoming type 1. This is possible due to the impact on the processes occurring in the body.
- Pancreas cells that produce insulin are restored.
- Sugar level decreases.
- A beneficial effect on the genitourinary system is provided. Normal functioning is important in diabetes.
- Stimulated growth of pancreatic islets and poorly differentiated cells.
I note that flax seeds do not have a therapeutic effect only in the case of the latent form of alloxan diabetes.
Flax seed meal
Flax flour is famous for its incredible healing properties. It is not surprising that it is used for cleansing and improving the body.Culinary masterpieces made from flour help to improve the work of the digestive system, purify the blood of toxins and normalize the metabolism of fats.
The fatty acids contained in the flour strengthen the nails and hair, prevent premature aging of the skin. Flax flour is used to prepare dishes for weight loss, and compresses made from it help in the fight against boils and skin diseases.
Flax flour is recommended to include in the diet for schizophrenia and mental illness. American scientists found that food, which includes linseed meal, calms the nervous system of people with mental disabilities and normalizes the patients' well-being in the fight against drug addiction and alcoholism.
To make miraculous linen cereal, the grain is ground in a coffee grinder. Then boiling water is added to the powder container and insist. Sometimes in the process of cooking rice flour, buckwheat or wheat flour are added to the composition. In this case, the porridge is slightly boiled to obtain a homogeneous mass.
Linseed porridge is recommended for eating with food poisoning, for fighting hemorrhoids, for treating bowel and stomach diseases.Healing porridge is useful for pregnant and lactating women. Valuable trace elements with which flax flour is saturated enrich the maternal organism with useful substances and improve lactation.
Flax Seed Oil
Flaxseed oil is on the list of healthy foods. Due to its unique healing properties, it has been used in medicine and cosmetology since antiquity. The production technology is based on cold-pressed, thereby retaining all the benefits.
15 ml of oil is enough to satisfy the body's daily need for acids, which accelerate the metabolism of fats. It promotes weight loss without harm to health. The oil is used to prevent cancer, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Eating oil helps to prevent the appearance of fatty plaques in the circulatory system, minimizes the likelihood of blood clots that cause stroke and heart attack.
Flaxseed oil is recommended to season salads. Regular use reduces pressure, normalizes blood viscosity, improves the condition of the skin and hair. Additionally, the oil improves vision and has a positive effect on the work of the kidneys.
If the oil is improperly used and stored, it is fraught with negative effects. Strong and rapid oxidation leads to the disappearance of useful properties. This is facilitated by high temperature and storage in the open. When oxidized in oil radicals are formed, which do not bring benefit to the body. Therefore, flaxseed oil is not friendly with heat treatment.
To avoid problems, buy oil in a dark glass bottle and store at home in a closed container in the refrigerator. Remember, opening a bubble greatly reduces shelf life.
Use of decoction from flax seeds for the body
The value of decoction of flax seeds for the body comes down to the fact that there is a lot of mucus in the liquid, which envelops the mucous membranes and provides an antiseptic effect. Most often, the mucous broth is used in the treatment of diseases of the stomach and in the fight against inflammation of the respiratory tract.
Mucus, once on the mucous membrane of an internal organ, lingers for a long time, protecting it from irritation. Protective cover is immune to the effects of gastric juice, due to which a decoction of flaxseed is considered the best natural remedy for inflammation when a strict diet is provided.
Decoction of flax seed is recommended to use in many diseases.These include gastritis, gastric ulcer, cough and hoarseness, inflammation of the pharynx, diseases of the oral cavity, obesity. The decoction is also suitable for external use in boils, conjunctivitis and inflammations of the skin of the face. If barley appears on the eye, doctors recommend making warm compresses based on flax decoction.
To prepare a miraculous liquid, a teaspoon of seeds is poured with a glass of boiling water and continuously stirred for 10 minutes to separate the mucus. Then the composition is filtered, waiting for cooling and used up to four times a day.
Remember, flax decoction has contraindications. These include intestinal obstruction, cholecystitis, volvulus and kidney stones.
Flax Seed in Cosmetology
Many girls prefer homemade cosmetics rather than expensive cosmetics. For hair and skin care, they use various natural products, including flax seeds.
It has been proven that the benefits of flax seeds for women's health are unlimited. According to historians, even in the time of Cleopatra, girls conducted anti-aging procedures using flaxseed.The product is rich in organic compounds and natural hormones that help preserve youth and beauty.
Nutritious and rejuvenating masks make the skin supple, eliminate wrinkles and nourish with vitamins.
- Flax decoction helps to cope with the peeling of the lips, which is recommended to treat the damaged areas. This broth is suitable for removing the roughness of the heels and dry hands.
- To normalize blood circulation and eliminate leg fatigue, girls make baths. Flax broth is mixed with warm water in equal quantities. In the liquid lower legs for half an hour.
- To improve the condition of the hair is also used flax decoction. It is filtered and used for rinsing. Due to regular washing with infusion, hair becomes strong, shiny and healthy.
- To prepare a useful mask, the broth is whipped into a blender until smooth, then applied to the scalp and covered with a towel. Flax mask restores hair structure and strengthens hair follicles.
Flax seeds - a source of vitamins, fatty acids and valuable trace elements. Proper use brings many benefits to the body, eliminates diseases. Just remember, flax is on the list of medicinal plants.Therefore, before using, always consult your doctor.
To stay beautiful and healthy, nature has created flax, giving miraculous seeds. Just remember, any home treatment should take place after consulting a doctor. Otherwise, a product with a powerful biological effect will only harm. Stay healthy!
How to draw a pencil arrow
Gingerbread house made of cardboard for New Year
How to lay floorboard
5 new trendy salads for New 2017